All visitors entering Laos must possess valid passports. Visa can obtained from Lao Embassies and Consulates abroad. In addition, visa can also be obtained on arrival at the international Checkpoint.
30 days visas are available in advance of arrival at Lao embassies. This can be done in several ways through a tour company recognized by the Lao PDR from Lao Embassies or Consulate in countries such as: Australia, Belgium, Brunei, Cambodia, Cuba, PR of China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, DPR of Korea, the Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Singapore, Sweden, Thailand, USA and Vietnam. The visa fee varies from between US$8- 42 depending o the agreement with the various governments.
For those wishing to extend their stay, it is possible to extend your visa at the Immigration Office in Vientiane, through travel agencies.
It is also possible to obtain a Visa-on-Arrival at the following international checkpoints:
- China (Mohan) – Luang Namtha Province (Boten)
- Thailand (Chiang Khong) – Bokeo Province (Houay Xay)
- Thailand (Nong Khay) -Vientiane Capital (Friendship Bridge)
- Thailand – Xayabouly Province (Nam Heuang Friendship Bridge)
- Thailand (Nakhon Phanom) – Khammouane Province (Thakhaek)
- Thailand (Moukdahan) – Savannakhet Province (Friendship Bridge II)
- Thailand (Chong Mek) – Champasak Province (Vang Tao)
- Vietnam (Nam Kanh) – Xieng Khouang Province (Nong Haet)
- Vietnam (Kao Cheo) – Bolikhamxay (Nam Phao)
- Vietnam (Lao Bao) – Savannakhet Province (Dene Savanh)
- Pakse International Airport (Champasak Province)
- Luang Prabang International Airport (Luang Prabang)
- International Airports:
Laos has three International Airport :
– Wattay International Airport in Vientiane Capital.
– Luang Prabang International Airport in Luang Prabang Province .
– Pakse International Airport in Champasack Province